Wednesday 4 September 2013

A different kind of Ceasar Salad

Hey there. Yeah. I'm still alive. Though it might be hard to believe considering my blog posts. Oh well, life is busy isn't it!?

Right now I'm actually all busy getting back into my old time zone, collecting a ridiculous extra amount of work to make up for my extended holidays and getting everything organised for my move in...less than a MONTH!!!! OMG. Considering that I don't even have an apartment to stay at right now, nor a general idea at all...it might make the whole thing quite scary. But at this point, I guess we're used to it around here.
...oh...and I'm also pretty busy with missing certain people around here. Duh. Long distance sucks. (Sorry. I'll mind my language from now on.)

So with all of those messes going on, I thought I might launch into my not posted recipes. They are awesome. And SO easy. You'll love them. So as for today I had one of my I-simply-can't-stop-eating-days we'll keep it light here on the blog.
Here we go with:

Jo's and Jer's awesome Ceasar Salad (inspired by Jer's older brother)
For one dinner sized portion for two, you'll need:

  • 1 romaine lettuce head
  • 2 chicken breasts
  • 1/3 cucumber
  • 4 slices Italian white bread
  • Parmesan cheese
  • bacon (appr. 120gr)
  • 3 eggs
  • Caesar salad dressing
  • (cherry tomatoes)
  1. Preheat oven to 400°F 
  2. Sprinkle your chicken with seasoning (we had a mix of different spices but this is totally up to you) and place the chicken breasts in the oven for 20 minutes. Turn after 20 minutes and bake the other side for just as long. Slice into small pieces afterwards.
  3. Hard boil your eggs and let them cool.
  4. Cook your bacon.
  5. Slice and cut cucumbers and salad.
  6. Cut the white bread (or any other you'd like to use) into small squares and fry in a pan with butter and garlic salt until golden brown and crispy. (Seriously, making croutons is so easy! Don't let it scare you!!)
  7. Cut the eggs.
  8. In a bowl: Combine the salad, cucumbers, eggs, bacon, chicken, grated Parmesan and dressing and toss until everything is nicely combined.
  9. Serve with cherry tomatoes and croutons!

This salad is so delicious, easy and filling, we loved it. You'll love it too, trust me. And with the crispiness of the croutons, the salty flavour of the bacon and the softness of the eggs, this salad is not just yummy but also provides and awesome texture mix while eating. Yeah, I know...I get way to excited about this. Don't even let me start about the colour combinations here ;)
Enjoy this awesomeness of a huge bowl of salad!!!


1 comment:

  1. So delicious,yummy! Thank you, Ati <3 Hilde

    ReplyDelete