Wednesday 9 October 2013

Messy Vanilla Lime Cheesecake {A cake from waaaay back}

This might be a bit out of the line right now, but this cake needs to get it's time and attention. And while I'm too weird to write properly right now anyway, it might just be the perfect time.

This post needs a special introduction. When I first wanted to post about the cake that's going to be mentioned here, I discovered that I left my SD card inside my camera, which....I gave away to a friend. Bummer.
Thing was, she sent me my SD card over, since my camera was still at her place and I put it on my desk sort of forgetting about it. Than I got sick. With a bad bad cough and a serious runny nose. Which meant heaps and heaps of paper tissues. And somehow, my SD card mysteriously went into this paper tissue pile, and with all the paper tissues, down into the waste bin. That's at least, what I thought happened. Because I couldn't find the card anymore. And I'm normally a pretty organised person.

Anyway, make that 6 month later, weird and (ha told you so) organised me FOUND the SD card! Which left me with the thought-to-be-lost-pictures of that cake....which leaves us all with a post that got written 6 month ago and just waited for this day ;)

6 month ago:
Once again, I found myself rather unconsciously lying on my bed, too lazy to get started with anything. And, because I'm normally a pretty busy person and I hate wasting time....don't worry it never really lasted long, this time (it was a Wednesday) I went down into our kitchen to bake something.

Also earlier, when I had blogged about the Lemon-Chocolate-Pie by neverhomemaker, one of my beloved little brothers (I need to use this term as much as possible before they'll become official adults at the end of this month!!! Update: By now the ARE officially adults. Crazy!) had left a comment, saying he wanted a piece of that pie. I was kind enough to break the news to him that this pie contained a huge amount of tofu (my brother is a 100% carnivore, considering his eating habits) so he quickly took his request back. But I promised him another cake if he would come over for the holidays on that certain Wednesday. I do keep my promises!


To make the story a bit shorter, my mum wanted cheesecake, I love cheesecake, so cheesecake it was. I had planned on using my favourite cheesecake recipe (This one) but it turned out I didn't have anything (at least nothing in the right amount) it was asking for.
So, If you want to keep it simple: Follow the link above.
However, if you want to keep it messy: Follow the list below! Ha!


Amazing Messy Vanilla Lime Cheesecake (recipe below can be taken more or less serious)
You'll need:

For the crust:
  • a bit of this (all the crust leftovers I had)
  • a bit of that (just as above)
  • some flour
  • 1 Tablespoon cocoa powder
  • butter to one's heart extend
In a food processor mix all the things together until they have the, for you, right consistency. Fill into a, with a baking paper lined, cake pan. Preheat your oven to 325°F/160°C.

For the filling:
  • ~450gr cream cheese (we had three open packages, I just used them all)
  • ~150gr no fat quark/curd (I just kept on spooning until I felt right about the amount)
  • 200gr whipped cream
  • a pinch of salt
  • 5 eggs (I might reduce this to 4 eggs...5 made it rather...eggy)
  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • 1 squeeze of lime juice (leftovers from the pie again. Depending on the amount it will be more or less lime-like. I normally just like to give it a hint of lime.)
  • some fresh vanilla
  • 2 Tablespoons corn starch
Mix everything together in a bowl (as in there is no order, whatsoever!). Fill into the crust bottomed cake pan and bake for at least 1 1/2 hours.
While baking: Listen loud to some music and clean your room, the kitchen and the house!


When the cake is done, it's important to let it cool inside the turned off, but open oven as this will prevent the cake from getting this not so awesome cheesecake-hole in the middle!
And this messy cake was good. Really good. Maybe better than the original recipe. (At least that's what my mum said...and what I thought haha)

As you might can tell (in case you read my blog more often) this cake happened all the way back somewhere this spring. And, and here's the thing, I did found my SD card...so, you do get a picture of the cake after all ;) It's probably just another story how I, sometimes, mess up things. But in a god way ;P


I wish I could have a pieve of this right now...

No comments:

Post a Comment