Please, please let me convince you! It's that good!!
Ok. After my rather weird kitchen-obsession-rant, we might actually get to the really interesting part.
So, as I just had prepared my sweet potatoes the easy way yesterday (well the day I wrote this...than exams hit), I had still leftovers. So obviously, I needed to come up with something for those. I wanted a main-meal-like thing, not too heavy though (I'm studying and there is nothing that stops you more than heavy food, trust me....along the line of so much more but that's a different story entirely), balanced considering the nutritional side (Fibres, proteins, vitamins...) and tasty. Oh, and it wasn't supposed to take for ages, obviously.
So here is what I came up with (again, I had a dish from the Naam in my head while creating my lunch):
Sweet potato tofu bowl with a sesame-ginger dressing
Can I just quickly interfere and say: It is sososososooooo good! Make it!!!!...just sayin'...
Anyways, if you want to (and you want to, trust me. Okok, I'll stop), you'll need:
For the sauce, 1 serving:
- 1 small piece of fresh ginger (about 1cmx0,5cm) (Or, even better if you have it on hand, ginger paste)
- 1 Teaspoon cream cheese (mine was with goat milk)
- 1 1/2 Tablespoon soy cream
- 1/2 Teaspoon Tahini
- 1/2 Teaspoon mustard
- herb salt and pepper
- Cut the ginger as fine as possible (you don't want those sudden really intense ginger tasted bites!!)
- Mix all of the ingredients in a bowl and mix.
- Season with the herb salt and the pepper. Make a few variations if needed.
- 1/2 a oven baked sweet potato
- ~ 50gr smoked tofu
- 1/3 of an avocado
- cucumber (or any additional veggies)
- Heat up the tofu and the sweet potatoes (I used my microwave which, admittedly isn't that great, if you have more patient, time and an oven(!) on hand, you could use the oven to make it more healthy! (and add a nice crisp to the potatoes!)).
- Throw together the tofu, sweet potatoes and peeled and cut avocado.
- Top with your sauce and add some cress.
- Serve with cut veggies on the side.
(Oh, and the second, and third, and...aehm yes, anyway. All those times after that I also added a layer of cheese before putting the sweet potato fries and the tofu into the microwave. It added an extra source of protein and so much yummy cheesiness!!!
There go my two ways for sweet potatoes. Blimey, there are so many more...but it's a good start I'd say ;)