So this is perfect for: Quick, nutritious, colourful, yum and too lazy to do some 'serious' cooking. Comfort food all around. (Oh, and also for: when you don't have a lot in your fridge!)
- Bring a pot of water to boil and cook some whole wheat noodles. While they cook,
- Throw together in a frying pan:
- olive oil
- half a broccoli (separate the little parts)
- vegetable broth (powder)
- (That's supposed to be a 3. but my writing program stubbornly places a 1. here. Oh well, let's move on cooking!) Fry your broccoli with the spices for a few minutes.
- Than add some water and let your broccoli soften.
- When all the water evaporated, add about three Tablespoon white beans.
- While the beans warm up, beat together:
- 1 egg
- a sip of milk
- 1 tablespoon cream cheese
- 1 slice of cheese
- ...and pour the egg mixture over your broccoli and beans.
- Add the noodles. Stir. And you're done!
Ha! And you do feel accomplished after you see that bowl of steaming warm food sit in front of you! (Optional: Add a dollop of cream cheese (It might be that I do that with everything. I simply love cream cheese I guess) and sprinkle with a bit of pepper and herb salt).