So, we're talking food again. Jep. Breakfast food. As a loyal reader (or just a close friend of mine haha) you might have noticed that I have a slight obsession with muesli for breakfast. Ok. Asking my friends, it's not an obsessions, it's an addiction...I'll leave that open for discussion.
I'm also definitely that kind of person that likes a hearty breakfast from time to time. And with that: We're talking omelet.
I love that omelets make it so easy to have this huge variety of food options. You can really have them anyway you could think of! That morning I needed something to wake me up and keep me going for the day, a good healthy base to built in all my little nasty treats later on ;)
Breakfast omelets, two ways
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon flour
- 1 sip milk
- Filling (I used: Spinach, mushrooms, onion, tomatoes, ham, hummus)
- In a bowl: mix the flour with the milk until it has a creamy consistency (doing this first will prevent the flour from getting clumpy)
- Add the eggs, sour cream, salt, pepper and cheese and beat well with a fork.
- In a pan: Sautée the onion. Add the mushrooms and, later on, the spinach until everything is well done. Toss in the tomatoes last to give them only a bit of the heat but don't let them fall apart entirely.
- Meanwhile, with a bit of oil, start making your omelet. Pour your egg mixture into a pot on medium heat. Cover with a lid. Wait until the mixture has set. Occasionally, make sure that your omelet is not sticking to the pot bottom. Flip at the end and let the other side brown a bit too.
- On a plate, assemble all of your ingredients (I spread hummus on top of the omelet, dump all the other stuff on it and 'closed' the omelet. I also had more hummus on the side. You can never have enough hummus right?!)
- Enjoy ;)
Your omelet base will be the same, simply use two more eggs.
For the filling, go with more ham and onions and less spinach. No mushrooms and no tomatoes. Also, while your omelet is cooking: Sprinkle cheese on top and let it melt. At the end: Sprinkle with pepper and hot sauce. Enjoy :)