Saturday 21 September 2013

Breakfast omelets two ways

This might just be the perfect weekend food post because, there simply is nothing better than sleeping in on lazy weekend days and than starting the day with an awesome, energising and yummy breakfast. Don't you agree?
So, we're talking food again. Jep. Breakfast food. As a loyal reader (or just a close friend of mine haha) you might have noticed that I have a slight obsession with muesli for breakfast. Ok. Asking my friends, it's not an obsessions, it's an addiction...I'll leave that open for discussion.
I'm also definitely that kind of person that likes a hearty breakfast from time to time. And with that: We're talking omelet.

I love that omelets make it so easy to have this huge variety of food options. You can really have them anyway you could think of! That morning I needed something to wake me up and keep me going for the day, a good healthy base to built in all my little nasty treats later on ;)

Breakfast omelets, two ways

 1.) Jo-style
You'll need:

  • 2 eggs
  • 1 tablespoon sour cream
  • 1/2 teaspoon flour
  • 1 sip milk
  • salt
  • pepper
  • cheese
  • Filling (I used: Spinach, mushrooms, onion, tomatoes, ham, hummus)
  1. In a bowl: mix the flour with the milk until it has a creamy consistency (doing this first will prevent the flour from getting clumpy)
  2. Add the eggs, sour cream, salt, pepper and cheese and beat well with a fork.
  3. In a pan: Sautée the onion. Add the mushrooms and, later on, the spinach until everything is well done. Toss in the tomatoes last to give them only a bit of the heat but don't let them fall apart entirely.
  4. Meanwhile, with a bit of oil, start making your omelet. Pour your egg mixture into a pot on medium heat. Cover with a lid. Wait until the mixture has set. Occasionally, make sure that your omelet is not sticking to the pot bottom. Flip at the end and let the other side brown a bit too.
  5. On a plate, assemble all of your ingredients (I spread hummus on top of the omelet, dump all the other stuff on it and 'closed' the omelet. I also had more hummus on the side. You can never have enough hummus right?!) 
  6. Enjoy ;)

2.) Jeremy-style
Your omelet base will be the same, simply use two more eggs.
For the filling, go with more ham and onions and less spinach. No mushrooms and no tomatoes. Also, while your omelet is cooking: Sprinkle cheese on top and let it melt. At the end: Sprinkle with pepper and hot sauce. Enjoy :)

For the first picture, Jeremy took the omelet out of the pan to let me take a "pretty" picture. But the eggs wasn't really cooked yet, so he put it back and "messed" it up. He knows my obsession for food pictures. Though I think there's nothing wrong with the second picture outcome, isn't there?! ;)
All in all, that made for two really really yummy and filling omelets. Have fun cooking and a wonderful weekend to everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment