Wednesday 11 September 2013

Tomatoe-Chickpea Hummus {a hummus story}

I had planned to post another recipe first but since I feel like this is rather a summer post and, sadly, summer is definitely coming to an end now, I thought I might just sneak this in before. So here we go!


I have to start with saying: I love Hummus. Seriously. I could eat it all the time. But, and here's the thing, I tried so many times to make my own hummus and it never really turned out in a way that I would be proud to share the recipe or tell anyone in the first place that I tried to make hummus again. (It gets kinda embarrassing). Maybe it's because I never used tahini (it's something I just don't seem to be able to find) or maybe it's our food processor, who knows!?
So the other day (weeks and weeks ago ups), I thought if I couldn't get a 'normal' hummus right, I might just would have to do it the not so normal way (the messy, unusual, Jo-like one. Duh). And may I say so, it turned out pretty good. Guess, we'll just stick to messy around here.

For one one-person-sized tomato hummus, you'll need:
  • half a can of chickpeas
  • two slices dried tomatoes (those that are preserved in oil)
  • 1 large Tablespoon non fat Greek yogurt
  • 1 Tablespoon cream cheese
  • salt&pepper
  • optional: Fajita spices to sprinkle on top
Put all of the above into a food processor and process until it reaches the preferred consistency (and adjust it to your taste preferences with salt and pepper!). Easy peasy!
Serve it with either crackers or raw veggies...or top a salad with it! And I think this might just be the start of an addiction. I mean, stuffing things into a food processor and getting something that awesome and healthy (and easy!!)!? The options are endless! Avocado, beans, yogurt, eggs, greens, potatoes...omg. Yeah. I'm addicted.


And to no ones special interested: Right after I short the pictures, I dug in and enjoyed the thing all by myself not having to share with anyone. Ups. Didn't just say that!
And isn't it funny how hummus already got the 'hmmmmm so yummy' in it! haha go figure.


...also, that picture just makes me notice how pale I was all the way back. Summer definitely did a good job this year considering my tan. Jeez. I'll be back to pale and white in no time though...


Enjoy ;)
Oh, and next time I'm going to attempt those Chickpeas instead of the store bought cans. Tschaka!

No comments:

Post a Comment