Tuesday 22 July 2014

Further smoothie experiments {green going two ways}

I got sick so my post got delayed.
Here it is. I finally managed to make a "real" green smoothie. And the secret was the one I had expected it to be all along. Which is: don't mix your green vegetables with red fruits but rather go for the whole section of yellow and orange fruits. Simple, isn't it? (And it took me that long to figure out....after an art proficiency class. Really.)

Otherwise we're breaking into a rain period here which mean it has been raining non stop since yesterday. We'll see how long it lasts. So if you want to cheer yourself up: Make those smoothies!! ;)

For the first green smoothie, you will need (1 serving):


  • 1/2 a package lamb's lettuce (normaler Feldsalat)
  • 2/3 of a mango
  • 1 small frozen banana
  • 1/2 an apple
  • vanilla soy yogurt and milk (until you reach your preferred "smoothie-ness")
Blend all of it together in your blender. And that's it!!

I really really loved this one (far better than my not-so-green broccoli smoothie) and I'll probably keep making this one in the future, especially since our markets have lamb's lettuce on a daily basis and spinach....not so much. Also, I'm going to try adding ginger to the whole mixture. Or some fresh mint?! Endless possibilities as so often ;)

Though, I said there were smoothies two ways. Which means, I actually managed to get my hands on some baby spinach the other day, and than this happened. It doesn't look that different (yeah, I know) but it did taste different! And honestly, I couldn't decide between the two of them. Green smoothies simply are awesome, right? Thought so ;)



  •  
  • 2 1/2 cups baby spinach 
  • 1/2 frozen banana
  • 2 mandarins
  • 1/3 cup coconut milk
  • a bit vanilla yogurt
  • and some fat free Greek yogurt
Blend and enjoy ;)

(and sorry for those dots hanging around there in the middle of nowhere. My blog layout simply refuses to put them anywhere else. Try to figure out this stubborn technology (sight)). Have a fun Tuesday!

1 comment:

  1. This is a very good article, I discovered your blog checking aol for a related subject matter and came to this.
    Toshiba laptops

    ReplyDelete