Monday 7 July 2014

Mobile case makeover {An easy Anthropologie hack}

Hey there!
I'm really starting to tun out of appropriate mobile case makeover titles. Here, the Anthropologie part definitely did save me, but we'll see how we do in the future ;)
Anyways, recently I did some eye-shopping over at Anthropologies. I love that shop, but sadly, even the sale prices are too expensive for me, so we'll just keep looking at stuff. However, I stumbled upon this:

source
and, right next to me was:



...my phone case. With it's bare and transparent skin (which already started to be a bit dodgy....sorry). It was basically screaming for me to stop studying and help it out of its misery. And that's exactly what I did.






Much, much better right?!
In case you want to hop on the train, all you'll need is:

  • a bare white/transparent/really any colour works phone case
  • nail polish (it might be helpful to be a bit crazy over nail polish as I am, since that will leave you with a huge variety to choose from)
Let's get started!



Pretty much all I did was, to paint my way "to the top". I started with three base/ground colours and kept applying layer after layer, vaguely following the picture of the finished mobile case.


































I used two different types of yellow to give more depth to the inside of the flowers. Also, not having all the right colours (jep. Not even me!) I kind of started mixing and matching a bit more at the end. Another idea would be, to start off with a entirely different colour pallet right from the beginning.

And that's it!
All my nail polishes were 'normal' sized brushes, so nothing special. It really works well if you try to 'flatten' them a bit while brushing off the surplus of paint. Let it dry, and you are done!
I really couldn't be happier with the end result!! (Happily running around campus with a flowery mobile case now ;) )



No comments:

Post a Comment