Monday 20 January 2014

Ebly salad {Durum Wheat Semolina Salad}

Living alone or even just as a couple means that, most of the time, there are going to be leftovers. But honestly, I love leftovers. They mean less work and an awesome dinner or lunch I wouldn't have gotten otherwise.
So this Ebly salad is exactly that. Ebly, by the way, is a "softer" durum wheat semolina (jep, I had to goggle that) which is perfect when you're living on a vegetarian diet since it has a lot more fibre and protein(!) than noodles or rice (12,1gr protein and 6,1gr fibre per one 50gr portion!). And just as its "unhealthier" partners, it can be pretty much thrown into anything (I made Vietnamese paper rice rolls with my mum this weekend!!).


So for this leftover salad I simply threw together:
  • mushrooms (which I had cooked before and seasoned with salt, pepper and soy cream-substitution)
  • 1 carrot
  • 1 handful cherry tomatoes
  • feta cheese
  • cucumber
  • hummus
As a dressing I simply added some soy yogurt and herb salt, but seriously?! I wish I had some of that awesome Miso-dressing they serve at my favourite vegetarian restaurant in Vancouver (The Naam. If you can: GO THERE!!!). 
When I typed in "Miso dressing", pinterest came up with quite a few options. The best looking, in my opinion, was this one. Though I have to admit, I was simply too lazy (and I don't have Miso in the house right now) to make my own dressing, so I can't really report anything on that. It's going on the list of things I want to try out.

I also added some Avocado at the end. I mean, seeing this:

...how couldn't I?! ;)

Oh and I'm going to correct myself, I just went to pinterest again and this Sesame Miso dressing looks even better!!

No comments:

Post a Comment