So, mixed with that awesome weather and the fact that I'm fighting one of those really annoying colds, I thought it was time for a salad (Bring on all the fibre, vitamins and that good stuff, you know!?). This one is easily done and with that flavour mixture of slightly warm and sweet caramelised sweet potatoes, juicy bitter-ish arugula and soft feta cheese a total hit! (And don't let me start on the colours ;P).
So here's what you have to do:
Honey Caramelised Sweet Potato Salad
- 1/2 sweet potato
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 serving size arugula salad
- 1 serving feta cheese (depending on how much you want)
- cherry tomatoes
- herb salt
- Peel and cut the sweet potato into little cubes. Fry with a little bit of olive oil until softened. Add the honey at the very end, season with salt and pepper and give the whole thing another couple of minutes until caramelised.
- Wash your salad. (Bummer, isn't it?)
- Wash and cut your tomatoes. (I'm being quite obvious I know)
- Arrange everything on your plate and crumble the feta over it.
- Add additional pepper and herb salt (Optional).
Bon appetit! :)