Sunday 2 June 2013

Healthy-Mess-Cookies {and don't let the healthy fool you, they are good!!}


Those cookies are, I have to admit to my own embarrassment, kind of a joke (in a good way!!) because they were never supposed to happen in the first place. My friend and I had scheduled another bake-skyping date (this is the story of our first one) on Friday morning but while scheduling it, I had sort of overlooked the fact that my mum and her boyfriend would also be up at around 7am. Our kitchen is small, uhm cross this out, our kitchen is tiny, so I couldn't really start baking before the two of them had left.
So instead of baking, I gave a little rant about my life, than a bigger one about my cat in general and another smaller one about how my legs are looking right now (cat scratches all over the place) that's what girls talks are for, right?! ;)


At the end, I ended up rather late in our kitchen (she was already done with all the baking) so I just sort of threw everything together (this is meant, the exact way I wrote it) and prayed they wouldn't turn out non-edible.
They turned out surprisingly good. Actually, addictively (is this a word?) good! As I'm eating at least two every day (and that's all I can do, to give my super restrain some credit!!). And, and here comes the best part, they are healthy!!! (haha I can see your faces sinking. But they are really good! Trust me!).

Only draw back, since they were never supposed to happen....this is a kind of Jo-and-her-usual-messes-recipe. Means: (cough) It's pretty much up to you. I can only give you some inspiration.
But that's the most fun isn't it!? All together: Yay for kitchen messes!!!

You'll need for one sheet of Healthy-mess-cookies (all measurements underneath are to be seen approximately):
  • 50gr. butter (a bit less than a quarter of a normal 250gr. butter package)
  • about the same amount of crunchy peanut butter
  • sugar (I think I had a bit less than the butter amount together. Next time I also might go for honey!)
  • 1 egg (Duh! That's accurate!)
  • 1 pinch of salt
  • 2 Tablespoon flax seeds
  • flour
  • oats (those were about the same amount. Probably about 1/3 of a cup)
  • 2-3 Tablespoon corn starch
  • 50gr dark roughly chopped chocolate
  • any trail mix you like (Mine had peanuts (a lot), hazelnuts, cashews and raisins)
  1. Preheat your oven to 180°C/360°F and line a baking tray with baking paper.
  2. Beat together both butters and sugar until fluffy. Add egg and salt and beat until fluffy again.
  3. Add the flour, flax seeds and corn starch and mix together.
  4. Fold in the oats, the chocolate and the trail mix. Let stand for a couple of minutes (I wanted my oats to soak through a bit).
  5. Spoon the mixture on your baking tray (leave a bit of space in between each heap) and bake for about 10 minutes until gold and brown.
Those cookies are super crisp, crunchy and an amazing combination of not-too-sweet chocolate, crunchy nutty nuts and soft raisins. Seriously. They are amazing. It feels a bit like eating healthy muesli/cookie/nut/crunch bars. Yum! So go ahead and make some messes ;)

And a nice start into this week to everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Ich sabbere gerade meinen Schreibtisch nebst Tastatur voll...

    ReplyDelete
  2. hihi wir sollten ein Backwaren versandt-austausch-service beginnen xD

    ReplyDelete