Sunday 7 April 2013

Cookie Butter Cheesecake Cupcakes {a story for a teaspoon}

Doesn't this sound amazing? All those little sounds made by so many cute "C's" mixed with the awesome amount of cake's and the softness of the buttery "B". Yeah I'm weird, I know.
Anyway. Those cakes didn't just happen (they did but oh well). And this recipe is also made while thinking of a really good friend of mine who, unfortunately doesn't live close enough by so I could just pick some of them and bring them over. Otherwise I wouldn't be sitting here tipping but be on my way to deliver some of those petite deliciousness's. (I mean that!)


Ok, so I was craving cookie butter. Recently, I just didn't get enough of that stuff. And I tell you: everyone needs some cookie butter from time to time!
And, and here comes the real shocker, we don't have it in store here! My mum's and mine cookie butter supplies still came from our trip to Paris last year, where we had made sure to get more of the stuff than we could carry. So now we're down to the bottom of our last jar and fighting against this slight panic sooo I decided to make this stuff myself. It couldn't be that hard, could it?


I mixed together: Cookies (We had the right ones at home. Bummer) and butter, because seriously: That's what in this stuff (I mean: Cookie. Butter. !) and put it all into our food processor. Switched it on and waited. And waited. And waited a bit more...
...well apparently there's more to it than just cookies and butter (yeah I know. I could totally have looked up a recipe but I sort of felt like I-am-SO-good-in-the-kitchen-I-can-do-tha-myself. Not!).

By now I had a crumbly, buttery mixture but no cookie butter. What was I going to do with this stuff?
Make it a cake crust!
And that's why we ended with those tiny delicious Cookie Butter Cheesecake Cupcakes. That's about three things, put into one, I'm totally craving. And even though it's not cookie butter, it's nearly as good as the thing itself! (Which means: You have to make them! Asap!!...not that I'm pushing anyone...I do)

Something about cocoa powder makes me really love it. Maybe it's the super chocolaty taste it creates? Like even more chocolate-like than real chocolate!


You'll need for 12 cupcakes:

Crust
  • 13 cookies (I didn't want to waste all out cookies so I was going for a smaller quantity. Somehow I ended up with 13. Figure)
  • 3 Teasp. butter
  • 3 Teasp. cream cheese
  • 2 Teasp. icing sugar

Cheesecake
  •  250gr chream cheese
  • 1 egg
  • 1/4 cup (55gr) sugar
  • 30gr butter
  • 1 1/2 Teasp. corn starch
  • 1/2 Teasp. lemon juice
  • 1 Teasp. creme fraiche (haha do you slowly get the teaspoon title?)
  • 2 Teasp. cocoa powder
  • 2 Teasp. sugar

  1. Preheat your oven to 350°F/180°C.
  2. For the crust: Put all the ingredients into a food processor and put on high speed until it becomes a "paste" sort of texture. It stays rather crumbly and especially the fat makes it quite shiny but if you put it in the fridge for about 10 minutes, it's fine.
  3. For the Cheesecake: Beat together the butter and the sugar. Add your egg. Combine.
  4. Add the cream cheese, the lemon juice and the creme fraiche and mix again.
  5. Gradually add the corn starch (make sure it doesn't form little lumps) and beat until smooth.
  6. Assemble: Make a small crust out of your cookie mixture at the bottom of every cupcake. Spoon about 4/5 of your cheesecake mixture on top. Add the cocoa powder and sugar to the remaining mixture and devide evenly among the cupcakes. (That stuff tastes like heaven! I could have just eaten it the way it was...I totally did not! Nope. Not at all)
  7. Put into the oven for about 30 minutes.
  8. When they're done: Let them cool for another 15 minutes inside the open (and turned off) oven. That normally helps to stop them from building this little dent. I however forgot to do that. Well I forgot and than saw all those dents starting to built so I put them back. Whatever. They still taste good!

Can you tell that the other quarter crumb is already missing? Good that I can totally excuse this with a  photographic-wise reason ha!

 Enjoy and try not to eat them all at once ;)
(Oh: Best is if you leave them in the fridge over night...but I do get it if you say that would be too long to wait for).

2 comments:

  1. Of course you'd have to eat some, how else could you get that perfect shot??? And just waste them??? No, we don't do foodwaste here so I'm glad you sacrificed yourself and ate it! Drool! :))
    ♥nic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I love that: Sacrificing to get a good shot :P...jep and it was soooo hard to do it ;) we should start a food swag...if that was possible with cupcakes...:D

      Delete