- What in real time together? I'm confused^^
- like we both do it together...not take pictures of it that we both did it (not at same time)
- But do what? haha
- MAKE the pie!! (Oh ok...so we were talking about a pie!! We're getting closer...)
- I think I'm missing out on important information ^^
- OH crap I never copied the link hahaha
Ha. I knew there was one important point missing. And because I don't want to be mean, that was the link that got forgotten about the excitement of actually making it: neverhomemaker's Chocolate Lime Pie.
OMG! That pie looked delicious!
Here's the point. The person I was writing with didn't live in Germany. She doesn't even live in Europe come to say so. She lives in North America. Canada that is. Nine hours time difference to be absolutely accurate. But because we were both crazy enough (and we both love pie. Vegan chocolate lime pie! (I had to say that again!!)) We set up a Skype date for 10pm Saturday her time and 7am Sunday my time.
Somehow this 7am didn't really make it into my mind
Back to talking pie. I have do admit I was in love with that pie the moment I saw the picture. That was, until I read the ingredient list. Because this one said: Tofu. Like in...well...tofu.
If you want to follow me you'll need:
(Recipe from neverhomemaker)
For the crust
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 cup walnuts (though I didn't have walnuts and just used 2 cups of almonds)
- 1 cup pretzels
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (I used a bit more because my crust just stayed really dry. Though my friends crust was rather too moist with the 1/4 cup. So you might have to see)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 Tablsp. butter (the original recipe asked for Earth Balance)
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
After you're done mixing, fill it in your pie pan. We both had a bit too much of our crust but we just kept it. (That stuff is seriously good!!)
|Pretzel, butter, almond goodness|
- 1 block (extra firm) tofu (our store just had one kind of tofu so I went with it. I just made sure to squeeze as much liquid as possible out, before I used it)
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (I used more, again)
- 1/4 cup lime juice (we both used a bit more)
|Too small. Haha. This is the tofu by the way. Looks like chocolate truffles....|
Put all the ingredients into your food processor and process until creamy. Fill into your pie pan and cover with a few crushed pretzel pieces. You're done!!!
|TWO pies made together in "real" time ;)|
|I kept telling my friend that my kitchen was a total mess. Here's the proof that it was a total mess! I cleaned it up though ;)|
AND....I'll show you tomorrow on how to take this pie to a whole new level which makes it like I-want-to-sit-in-this awesome!! (By now there are about two small pieces left. And it was just my mum and me. Ops)
But if you're open minded (and especially after tomorrow) you should definitely make this pie (also because it's super quick...if your food processor is big enough that is!)
|Ok. It IS quite awesome!!|
|My first taste test piece|