Monday 15 April 2013

Supposed-Cookie Cupcakes {peanut butter banana chocolate}

I was actually writing this post Friday evening because I just kept on sneaking down into our kitchen again and again to cut another quarter off of one those delicious cupcakes. I kept on sneaking quarters up into my room (rather pointless. I'm alone at home) and while doing this I thought I had to write about them right then because: They were just too good!!


And here's the point: They weren't even supposed to happen!! All I wanted to do this (well, that Friday) afternoon was: To come home from work, cook something nice and have a productive and free afternoon/evening. Stuff happens, as it always does, and instead of cooking I was so hungry I just ate what was on hand and instead of being productive (I got productive...later) I sort of got stuck with my cat on my lap at the table. That eventually lead to me, being unusually tired, which lead to a nap which, at the end, lead to an sort-of-mid afternoon-down at half past 4.
So, to get things moving again I decided I needed heat. And loud music. And the comforting smell of baking goods in the oven. And because I felt random, I just sort of started throwing everything together into a bowl.  Figure.
At the start I had planned imagined cookies, but midway I was wondering: What if I'd put a cookie dough-supposed-something into cupcakes liners?! Wouldn't that make some really awesome cookie-cupcakes?!
Done! And awesome they were!!!

(Note: I know...too much sweets right now. I'll try to balance it out later this week...I'll try!!) For now: Here we go with my...

Supposed-Cookie Cupcakes

You'll need for 12 cupcakes:
  • 100g butter +/- (I didn't weight it I just looked at the package later and sort of guessed but you should be fine with everything plus/minus 100)
  • 1 Tabl.sp. peanut butter
  • 1/3 cup brown sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1 medium mashed banana
  • 1 pinch salt
  • 1/2 cup buttermilk (we never have buttermilk, so I always simply add a bit of lemon juice to normal milk!)
  • 1 cup flour
  • 1 teasp. baking powder
  • 50gr chocolate (I used my last three "Rittersport Minis" (nougat, yogurt and nuts) so much to "I just threw everything together"!!)

Chopping tiny chocolate bars...the only picture I took of the process. Well, I did mention they weren't really supposed to happen, didn't I!?
The cute reason for my laziness
Before the icing happened
  1. Preheat your oven to 180°C/360°F
  2. Mix butter(s) and sugar and beat until fluffy.
  3. Add mashed banana, the egg and the pinch of salt. Mix.
  4. Add your flour and baking powder mixture to your mixture, alternating with the buttermilk.
  5. Chop your chocolate roughly.
  6. Fold in the chocolate and spoon into your cupcake liners.
  7. Bake for about 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
  8. Let cool.
For the frosting:

Combine in a food processor or mixer: 1 cup icing sugar, 1 Tabl.sp. peanut butter and 1 Tabl.sp. cream cheese.
Mix. Pipe or spoon onto your cooled cupcakes.


They are amazing. The dough is not too sweet, it's fluffy and light and neither of the flavours is too dominant. But together with the peanut buttery and sweet icing the banana definitely improves and the icing has the perfect texture of a crisp and "hardened" outside, but creamy and delicious inside.
Only drawback: The icing amount is just right for the number of 12 cupcakes (to be honest: 11 cupcakes. One ended in my stomach before the icing could happen) so if you want to sneak icing out of the bowl (and believe me: You want!)best is to double it.
Enjoy ;)

2 comments:

  1. Oh, i love eating cupcakes! And yours sound really delicious. I have to try the the frosting!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you I really hope you'll like it :)

      Delete